Losing someone close to you can be a very traumatic time. We are here to help. At James and Co. Lawyers we have considerable experience in administering the affairs of a deceased person, whether it is in the instance that they have a Will or no Will. There are a number of steps involved in the administration of an estate. Generally these
- Ascertaining the existence of a last valid Will and locating same;
- Notifying all relevant authorities;
- Ascertaining the assets of the estate and securing those assets;
- Ascertaining the liabilities of the estate and paying them;
- Making an application for a Grant of Probate (if necessary);
- Making an application for Letters of Administration (if necessary);
- Dealing with any challenges or disputes that may arise or be brought against the estate;
- Distributing the estate to either beneficiaries or other entitled persons.
So if you have lost someone close to you and you need advice and help with the administration of an estate, or obtaining a Grant of Probate or obtaining Letters of Administration, please contact our experienced team today.