We at James and Co. Lawyers act with foresight. The best way to avoid the stress, trauma and expense of a separation is to plan for it at the commencement of a relationship and reach agreements ‘ahead of time.’ This is particularly useful in cases where you may have accumulated assets prior to your relationship or if you have previously been involved in a separation. So if are commencing a relationship and/or planning to get married you ought to consider entering into a Binding Financial Agreement to protect your financial position. These agreements are commonly known as pre-nuptial agreements, post nuptial agreements and in the case of a de facto relationship, cohabitation agreements.
At James and Co. Lawyers our Family Law team can:
- Give you information and advice.
- Explain things in easy to understand language.
- Prepare a binding agreement between you and your partner.
- Explain the benefits and pitfalls of signing a binding financial agreement.
- Help you decide the best course of action for your circumstances.
- Liaise with your partner or their representation on your behalf.
So if you want advice to protect your financial position, please contact us today.